What is WISH?
The World Innovation Summit for Health (WISH) is a high-profile initiative that aims to promote and facilitate innovation in the delivery of healthcare around the globe.
The inaugural event, which took place in Doha, brought together a distinguished audience of leaders and key decision-makers and influencers of global health systems and policy, including heads of state, ministers, senior government officials, academics and thinkers, as well as the most influential business leaders, to stimulate implementation of practical, sustainable and innovative solutions to tackle global health challenges.
WISH is aligned with the mission and vision of Qatar Foundation and Qatar National Vision 2030, while serving to highlight Qatar’s growing role as an emerging center for healthcare innovation. As the nation stands at the forefront of healthcare reform, Qatar Foundation has successfully launched a number of valuable and unprecedented initiatives – from biomedical research to maternal health and clinical care.
What are the goals of WISH?
- To address the challenges of delivering healthcare equitably and affordably.
- To collaborate at the leadership level between governments, industry, civil society, non-profits and academia with a focus on emerging countries.
- To create a sustainable forum for international impact on policy.
- To promote and reward innovation.
- To focus on effective and efficient ways of managing healthcare and healthcare resources.
- To develop and present health case studies in policies from different countries.
When will the next Summit take place?
The next Summit will take place on 17-18 February 2015.
Where will WISH 2015 take place?
WISH 2015 will take place at the Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC).
Who can attend WISH?
WISH is an invitation only event that will bring together more than 800 of the world’s leading thinkers and innovators in the global health industry.
What are the topics that will be discussed at WISH 2015?
Topics will include:
- Communicating complex health messages
- Delivering affordable cancer care
- Patient safety
- Well-being in children and young people
How can I request more information?
For more information please email email@example.com